CFS and Fibromyalgia
Most Highly Recommended Book
The best book I have read on the subject of chronic fatigue is From Fatigued to Fantastic by Dr. Teitelbaum. Dr. T was very thorough and in very understandable terms explained the science behind the proven safe and effective treatments that he formulated for people with chronic fatigue..Furthermore, he also provided a wealth of resources that people with any fatiguing illness/es or condition/s will find very useful indeed.
Definition of Chronic Fatigue
If the fatigue has gone on for too long (more than six months or so), it may be an indication of potentially disabling conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ( CFS ), which used to go by the name Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome or CFIDS with or without associated Fibromyalgia (FM) or Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS).
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
CFS is a condition that starts with flu-like symptoms and lasts for 6 months or more. According to the CDC Guideline, All other possible causes of fatigue are eliminated before this diagnosis is made. Little relieves CFS, including rest. According to the Center For Disease Control Americans afflicted by CFS are in the millions (those with Fibromyalgia have passed the 12 million mark) and new cases continue to rise at an alarming rate. Furthermore there are also millions of others who have debilitating fatigue who did not necessarily meet the criteria for diagnosing CFS who may end up developing full blown CFS without treatment. The agency is also very concerned that health care professionals tend to misdiagnose CFS or to not treat their patients with CFS adequately.
- According to CDC, “Chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS, is a debilitating and complex illness that can be challenging to diagnose and treat.These challenges often leave both patients and health care professionals locked in a cycle of frustration. To remedy the situation the DCC developed a CFS Toolkit for Health Care Professionals about how to diagnose and help their patients with CFS. According to CDC, “The CFS toolkit is designed to help break this cycle”. Some of the titles of the books about CFS reflect those frustrations and disappointments:
- Explaining Unexplained Illnesses
- Your Symptoms Are Real:What To Do When Your Doctor Says Nothing Is Wrong
- I Was Poisoned By My Body
- You Don’t Look Sick: Living Well with Chronic Invisible Illness
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Other Invisible Illneses
- Invisible Illneses
- They Can’t Find Anything Wrong!
According to CDC with early diagnosis and treatment of CFS patients, there is better chance of recovery. Delay or lack of treatment may result in progressive deterioration of the CFS sufferers leading to disability.
GET DIAGNOSED NOW AND BE ON YOUR WAY TO RECOVERY ! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME (CFS)/ FIBROMYALGIA ONLINE DIAGNOSTIC AND TREATMENT PROGRAM.
Fibromyalgia is the most common disease affecting the joints after osteoarthritis.
- Still, it is often misdiagnosed and misunderstood.
- Fibromyalgia can cause signs and feelings similar to osteoarthritis, bursitis, and tendinitis. Some experts include it in this group of arthritis and related disorders.
- But the pain of bursitis or tendinitis is localized to a specific area. The feelings of pain and stiffness with fibromyalgia are widespread. Read more…
Some of the Co-existing Conditions of CFS or Fibromyalgia (click here for more..)
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Candida or Yeast Connection
- Underactive Thyroid
- Adrenal Exhaustion
- Other Hormonal Issues
- IBS, Spastic Colon, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis,Chron’s Disease and other Inflammatory Intestinal Conditions
Click here to read the article found in the book “From Fatigued to Fantastic” by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., which was originally published in the journal of Musculoskeletal Pain 3 (1995): 91 to110.
In there The Treatment Protocol that listed the evidence-based safe and effective treatments he formulated, The following treatment plan is based on that protocol.Click on the target problem to see the applicable treatments.
Treatment Plan That Works
- Nutritional Treatments
- Sleeping Aids
- Hormonal Treatments
- Anti Bacterial
- Immune Stimulants
- Brain Fog and Migraine
- Pain Management